Reiki practitioners are aware of the importance of grounding the client during a Reiki session, and over the years, Reiki has guided me to develop an effective grounding practice. This affirmation effectively grounds the client, as it also releases and removes any incompatible and/or unhealthy energies.
It is also effective for balancing the client’s energies because, in addition to grounding the individual, it connects them to Spirit, and centers them in the Heart. True balance is achieved when the individual is properly grounded (Earth), connected (Spirit), and centered (Heart).
This technique is taught in all my Holy Fire Reiki Level 1 classes and is applicable and appropriate for any level and/or style of Reiki.
- Perform this affirmation near the end of the session, following the hands-on treatment.
- While continuing to channel Reiki, begin by gently holding or touching the Receiver’s feet and silently state the following:
- “(Receiver’s name) is a child of the Divine, they are a child of the Universe, and they are your child, Mother.
- I affirm that (Receiver) is grounded to your beautiful face, so they may walk confidently upon you all the days of their lives, secure in your unconditional love.
- Your support is pure, your love is unconditional, and we are grateful.
- As (Receiver) is grounded to your beautiful face, I affirm that they are connected to Spirit.
- I also affirm that (Receiver) is centered in their Heart, as they walk in balance throughout their lives.
- For that purpose, I release and remove energies that do not serve the Highest Good.
- I release and remove energies that are incompatible with (Receiver’s) path, energies that are not theirs to carry, and energies that are toxic or detrimental for them.
- I release, remove, and return these to your loving arms, Mother Earth, to be cleansed, purified, and recycled. And I am grateful.”
- Pause and intend that the energies flow through the client, through you, and down into Mother Earth. Hold the space until it feels complete.
- “(Receiver) is deeply healed and blessed by Reiki”.
- Again, hold the space until the grounding feels complete. You may follow with chakra balancing and testing, if so guided.
As stated above, this technique is quite effective for grounding, centering, and balancing the recipient, as well as for clearing any residual energies. It is my sincere intention that this technique becomes a valuable addition to your Reiki practice.
Read every story by Kathleen L. Johnson (and thousands of other writers on Medium). Your membership fee directly supports the writers you read, and you’ll also have full access to every story on Medium.